Monday 14 April 2014

The Desolation of my Writing

Lego The Hobbit was released on Friday. It covers the first two films: An Unexpected Journey and The Desolation of Smaug. The third instalment will be available as downloadable content after the film is released.


It’s the first time in a few years that a Lego video game hasn’t become a member of our household on the day of its release, mainly because we hadn’t finished the Lego movie game and we don’t like to leave any Lego game less than 100% complete.


My other half got up early on Saturday and spent 7 hours finishing off the game so we could run out and buy the new one.


Ah that feeling when you start playing the intro level, with its tutorial elements, showing us what is new about this Lego game and what we already know from the last one.


The problem now though, is that having just made an attempt at starting novel number two, every time I get going, there’s a PS3 controller dangled in front of me and all my attention is diverted to getting a Lego Richard Armitage to smash up bricks and stuff.


So please forgive me if I veer away from my quest for realism and Olivia and Steven find themselves fighting dragons in the sequel.*


* I promise this won’t happen!



The Desolation of my Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment