Thursday 8 April 2010

The New Doctor

Well I've waited a few days to see what everyone else is saying before sharing my views on the Eleventh Doctor, and frankly I dunno what the problem is.

Doctor Who, is magical, whoever plays him, whichever generation he is, he's this magical man who travels through time and space saving whichever planet he turns up on. The man is a legend. Close your eyes and say Doctor Who and 9 times out of 10 you're going to picture Tom Baker, because that scarf just screams Doctor Who, but then maybe immedietly after picturing Tom Baker he'll be replaced by the current Doctor because he's freshest in your mind.

I've read and heard so many people complaining that it just wont be the same without David Tennant, and of course it won't be - just like the David Tennant era wasn't the same as Christopher Eccleston or Peter Davidson or Patrick Troughton or, well you get the point.

The Doctor owns a time machine, he saves the world, he talks to aliens on a daily basis, he has so many interesting stories to tell. He has gadgets galore, he's a genius. He's quite probably the most billiant living being ever...what's not to like there then?

It doesn't matter who is playing him - the mere concept of him is brilliant, awe-inspiringly brilliant!

Matt Smith played the part perfectly as far as I can see, but then, was there ever any doubt? There shouldn't have been. The Doctor is The Doctor, he's lovable, eccentric, funny, kind and utterly brilliant, and always will be no matter who plays him... after all he is just the same man in a different body.

It comes as no suprise to hear females bemoaning the loss of the Tenth Doctor, because let's be honest the Doctor was never famed for his good looks, but then good looks are a matter of taste. David Tennant is a handsome man indeed...although I have to admit that as much as I found myself attracted to him when he was fiddling with his sonic screwdriver, in anything else I was quite uninterested.

Go on admit it...you only fancy David Tennant when he's the Doctor and you'll all be swooning over Matt Smith within a fortnight - I am fairly certain I will be anyway, but then I've always had a thing for geeky men - and believe me, geek is a state of mind, not a fashion statement.

Having watched the Eleventh Hour for a second time I can quite honestly say "oh yes, that'll do nicely"

No comments:

Post a Comment