Saturday 21 March 2015

Sometimes I just really hate people

A few weeks ago I published a blog post that moved (by moved, I mean annoyed/disgusted) someone so much that they felt compelled to comment on what a horrible, misanthropic view I had of the world.*


Screen Shot 2015-03-20 at 16.44.38But sometimes I just really hate people. I can admit that. I’m not alone. In my office we are divided: on one side of the office is a bunch of people who love life, the universe, and everything. And then there’s my team. We hate people.  We get annoyed by those who take advantage of us, or have no respect for our work, or have little regard for those around them and only care about themselves.


In my day job, I work with a lot of charities and community groups. My own business is a social enterprise so, despite my outwardly misanthropic stance, I actually do care something about the human race and my fellow man.


But that doesn’t stop me looking around at people and wondering why on earth they behave the way they do. When I say ‘I hate people’ I don’t mean that I am some evil villain, plotting to destroy the world, or that I wish people any harm, I just mean that I hate the selfishness, the idiotic behaviour and the hurt that is often inflicted on society.


I hate the impatient drivers that beep their horn as soon a light turns green. I hate the drunk guy that thinks it’s okay to insult everyone and then accuse them of being boring when they get offended, and I hate the people who pretend to be your best friend in order to get something, then drop you like a sack of spuds as soon as they get what they want.


And don’t get me started on the sexists, racists, and homophobes.


It’s 2015, our government is desperately trying to sell off our NHS to make their rich mates more money while a growing number of society is forced to use foodbanks to feed their children.


Teenagers are killing themselves because they’re being bullied by their school mates. People are being beaten to death for being gay. Wars have broken out over which of God’s messengers we should believe in. (A god that no one has any proof even exists).


People did that.


And that’s why I hate people.


 


*In fact, I ended up taking the post down, so well done to that person for ruining my little corner of the internet on which I previously felt comfortable enough to air my own opinions.



Sometimes I just really hate people

No comments:

Post a Comment