Friday 28 November 2014

Review: Mr Happy by Charlotte Pingriff

Charlotte, who featured on my wall of awesome last month has increased her awesomeness and published her debut novella.


I was fortunate enough to get an advance copy and I have to say I loved it.


 


image Click the cover art to buy.


I wasn’t sure what to expect, I know that Charlotte’s business is all about making people feel good about themselves and when I started reading Mr Happy I was expecting it to be some kind of self help,book, which is really not my thing at all. But when I started reading this lovely story, I found myself so intrigued I couldn’t stop reading it until I finished.


(Good job I’m the boss because I didn’t get any work done that morning!)


Jen is unhappy, she’s single, desperate to find love and feeling very sorry for herself. So she answers an advert in the lonely hearts and find herself on a blind date with the absolute worst possible man she could ever imagine.


Yet somehow they become friends. The story is a lesson for us all, there’s a mystery surrounding Mr Happy and the revelation is delightfully charming.


I finished reading this novella and immediately set about doing something nice that made me feel happy.


In a way, it kind of is a self help book, disguised as an enjoyable short story. It certainly made me feel happy anyway.


 



Review: Mr Happy by Charlotte Pingriff

No comments:

Post a Comment