Monday 16 June 2014

Freebie Five: World Cup Edition.

Are you a World Cup Widow? Perhaps this will help. Thirty Two teams each with 23 players equals… A lot of men! Correction: A lot of fit men – well they must be pretty fit, if they’re professional footballers, right?


I mentioned recently that Tom Ward would definitely be top of my Freebie Five list, if I had one. I am currently responding to some interview questions from fellow Xcite author, Danielle Austen for her blog and one of the questions asks who would be on my freebie five list, so I will be giving it some careful thought shortly. For those of you not familiar with the term, the Freebie five is a list of five celebrities you would be allowed to hook up with by mutual consent of your other half. The idea became popular following the Friends episode ‘The One with Frank Jr.’


Chandler: Does anyone else think David Copperfield is cute?


Monica: No, but he told me he thinks you’re a fox.


Chandler: All right, Janice likes him. In fact, she likes him so much she put him on her freebie list.


Joey: Her what?


Chandler: Well, we have a deal, where we each get to pick five celebrities that we can sleep with, and the other one can’t get mad.


Ross: Ah, the heart of every healthy relationship. Honesty, respect, and sex with celebrities.


So who’s loving the World Cup so far?


Now don’t misunderstand me, I love football, but I only really care about watching my team (Liverpool) or England. I enjoy the game itself, but I’m also human, so I’m not going to complain about watching some attractive muscular legs running around the pitch. Anyway, for those of you struggling with the overload of football on TV at the moment, here’s my World Cup freebie five, keep an eye out for these guys and it might make the whole thing slightly more interesting!


Hugo Lloris – Goal Keeper for France.[/caption]

1. Hugo Lloris – France.


It doesn’t take a genius to work out why this guy caught my eye. In fact, seeing Hugo line up for France against Honduras gave me the inspiration for this very blog post!


He’s got a touch of the Tennant/Ward about him, with his floppy dark hair and chiselled good looks. I’m definitely looking forward to watching France play again!



2. Emir Spahic – Bosnia-Herzegovina


Michael Vorm - Belgium

Michael Vorm – Belgium



3. Michael Vorm – Netherlands


30 year old Michael Vorm is goal keeper for Swansea, but so far hasn’t been used by the Netherlands squad. Which is a shame, because he’d definitely light up the pitch with that smile.


Keep an eye out for him on the bench though.


 


[caption id=”attachment_334″ align=”alignleft” width=”148″> mertens belgium Dries Mertens – Belgium


 


4. Dries Mertens


I’ll be looking out for Dries Martens when Belgium play tonight. Described as being lively, skilful and incisive, a small player destined for big things.


Well, they say good things come in small packages!


 


 


 


 


Benoit Assou-Ekotto - Cameroon Benoit Assou-Ekotto – Cameroon


5. Benoit Assou-Ekotto – Cameroon


I’ve always had something of a crush on this Tottenham Hotspur player, currently on loan at Queens Park Rangers. Just look at that hair!


He’s described as having intelligent positioning – I don’t know what that means but it sounds good!


 


Now that’s what I call Fantasy Football!


So have you been watching the World Cup? Do you have your own list of footballers to watch out for?


Share your favourites below.



Freebie Five: World Cup Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment